Thursday, February 13, 2014

Visit to Agra to see the Taj Mahal - February 13, 2014


How’s the temperature there? Here it’s like 75 degrees!!! It feels really nice here. Today I went to the Taj Mahal! It was so beautiful it practically glowed! The story was about an emperor king who built the Taj Mahal for his wife who had passed away. When it was finished his son was mad at him for spending ALL of his money on the Taj Mahal, so he captured the king and locked him in jail. He killed his brothers to take the throne. Inside you can see this stuff that’s called carnelian that was inlaid into the marble and when light shines on it glows! Also we were in Agra and there are LOTS and LOTS of animals like water buffalo, donkeys, horses, cows, stray dogs, camels, goats, Siberian cranes, parrots, and MONKEYS, the monkeys I am doing for my animal research. Well, that’s about it. Oh wait, here’s a picture of me at the Taj Mahal.



Here’s me holding up the Taj Mahal, well…kind of!

1 comment:

  1. OMG!!! I am soooo jealous!....because you are in a place where it is warm and because you were visiting one of the great wonders of the world!! You have described it so well, that I can imagine that great wonder "glowing". When I visited Italy, and Leaning Tower of Pisa, I took a similar picture - where I was holding up the tower. Thanks for the historical background on the Taj Mahal. P.S. Happy Valentine's Day - from all of us at Dowling!

    ReplyDelete