Thursday, February 27, 2014

Interview with my Big "Sister"

            Last blog post!!  Which also tells me that I will see you all soon! Today I interviewed my older sister/cousin, and here is our interview:


J What kind of job do you do?  “Right now I am a stay at home mother, I was working earlier as a Equity Analyst, and I was teaching statistics at the college level.”
J What kind of Indian food do you like?  “I like North Indian food a lot, I like chole, rajmah, and I like Indian sweets like kheer and res malai.”
J Do you think India is unique?  “ Yes, India is unique because it has a lot of diversity of culture and every few kilometers dialects change.  India is the biggest democracy.  And yes, it’s very unique!!”
J What are all the countries you have been to?  “I have been to the U.S. and I have been to England and Turkey, China, France, Italy, Greece, Hong Kong, Colombia, Panama, Aruba, the Cayman Islands….  I have been to all of these countries.”
J How are they different from India?  “ Oh!  All of them are very different from India in so many ways.  Each country has its own history, its own culture and a lot of countries are more advanced than India.”
J Is there anything you want to change in India?  “You know, there are the richest people in India and the poorest people in India.  A lot of urbanization has to happen.”
J Do you like any sports?  “ Well, I like watching lawn tennis.  But no, I don’t play any sports.”
J What was the job you were most interested in when you were a kid? “I wanted to be an architect.”
J What’s your favorite food?  “ I like Chinese food.”
J Do you enjoy cooking?  “Yes and no.  I don’t like cooking every day but yes, I enjoy cooking.”

So, that was my interview with my sister who is actually my cousin.  Here in India you call your cousins sisters or brothers.  Wow, I am coming back to America today; time goes by so quickly.  I will be back Saturday India time but Friday for American time.  Well, see you all on Monday YAY! Oh I found a great Indian movie called Chennai Express and it’s really good.  Anyway, see you soon! (You should really try watching Chennai Express)




1 comment: